After a long time, Vodafone introduced a new LTE Surfstick again since early 2016 in its product range: the K5160 or also called "Connect USB Speed 6". However, the LTE-Advanced is not supported. You can see more details specifications in below blank:
LTE features and characteristics of Vodafone K5160
|Manufacturer and model||Hauwei E3372s-153|
|Download rate up||150 MBit/s|
|Upload rate up||50 Mbit/s|
|Supported LTE bands||LTE800, LTE900, LTE1800, LTE2100, LTE 2600|
|Backward compatible with:||DC-HSPA+, UMTS, GSM frequencies (850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz)|
|MIMO Support:||MIMO 2x2|
|External Antenna||Yes; 2 aerial sockets type CRC 9 available(Buy Vodafone K5160 Indoor antenna or Vodafone K5160 Outdoor antenna)|
|LTE Category:||LTE modem of Category 4 (CAT4)|
|chipset||HiSilicon Balong 711M|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||88 x 28 x 11.5 mm at 35 grams|
|USB standard||USB 2.0|
|Memory card expansion||Yes; MicroSD up to 32 GB|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Mac OS (from 10.7)|
|Quick Start Guide Vodafone||" Quick Start Guide Vodafone (PDF)|
|manual PDF||not yet available online|
LTE CAT4 stick
For a long time, Vodafone only has the predecessor Vodafone K5150 for sale, which are already LTE category 4 dominated. With the new K5160 Stick, Vodafone operates more facelift, but LTE CAT6 is still in vain. With LTE Cat6, up to 225 Mbps could be reached. But we can only achieve with a CAT6-device, which so far only the Vodafone R226 offers.
From the basic information here, the Vodafone K5160 is similar to Telekom Speed Stick 5. Since Vodafone unfortunately does not specify, it is strongly expected that it also is a E3372s-153 from Huawei. Therefore be supported at least 5 LTE frequency bands - LTE800 more specifically, 900, 1800, 2100 and 2600 MHz. In particular, the former and the latter is essential for Vodafone customers. In addition, the 4G Stick naturally offers backward compatibility with GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA and HSPA+ networks. Thus, surfing the 3G network, after all, also up to 42 Mbps fast.
The "Connect USB speed 6" (K5160) has 2 ports for operation with an external LTE antenna . As jack comes Type CRC-9 used. MIMO 2 × 2 is also supported accordingly. You can get the indoor and outdoor antenna for Vodafone K5160 from the above link in the blank.
Installation and App
The key installed during initial operation on your computer, the "Vodafone Mobile Broadband App" (VMB). Here the settings can be made and users can request information for the connection, such as connection time spent, surfing volume etc. User can download the app from the Windows Store for Windows 8 & 10.
Amazingly, the Vodafone K5160 is not directly offered. If you like this 4G LTE Stick, you can get unlocked Vodafone K5160 from www.4gltemall.com . Actually, if you don’t need the customized version from Vodafone, you can directly get the Huawei E3372s-153, which has all the features of Vodafone Connect USB Speed 6. The difference between them is the logo and customized firmware for Vodafone. Other functions are completely the same.
With the Ascend Mate 7, the Chinese manufacturer Huawei is a "scent mark" in the field of large phablets. From the equipment, Huawei makes the 6-inch smartphone a powerful competition with Samsung Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus, which is also about the price. In such cases, the Mate 7 visually has below features: The body is made entirely of metal and 7.9 millimeters, this rather flat. In addition, the edges around the screen are pleasingly narrow: The display does so more than 80 percent of the front. But the top values are inside - especially in LTE CAT6.
|Features and characteristics of Huawei Ascend Mate 7|
|Manufacturer & Name||Huawei Ascend Mate 7|
|Important performance data:|
|CPU (cores, clock)||1.8GHz & 1.3GHz octa-core (8 cores)|
|CPU name||HiSilicon Kirin 925|
|random access memory||2 GB|
|internal memory||16GB (via micro SD card expansion)|
|operating system||Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion UI 3.0|
|Display size; resolution||6 inch IPS display with 1080 x Neo-1,920 pixels (386 ppi)|
|Camera (back and front)||13 MP rear / 5 MP front|
|LTE standards||LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz|
|Support of LTE-Advanced||Yes|
|Support LTE following categories||CAT6|
|wireless Internet access||Yes, 802.11a/b/g/n at 2.4 and 5 GHz|
|Bluetooth||Yes, Version 4.0|
|other standards||GPRS; EDGE; UMTS; HSPA; HSPA+|
|Other key data:|
|particularities||FM radio; Fingerprint scanner|
|Memory Card | SIM format||Micro-SD | Micro-SIM|
|battery pack||4,100 mAh|
|Weight; Dimensions (HxWxD)||185 grams; 81 x 157 x 7.9 mm|
|download manual||" Here download manual (PDF, Language: English, 9.53 MB)|
|Availability and Price|
|Release in Germany||November 2014|
The 6-inch IPS screen of the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, solves with Full HD and 1,080 x 1,920 pixels, which is sufficient for a pixel density of 386 ppi for this size. Regarding the processor, Huawei use the octa-core chip like the new Honor 6: The HiSilicon Kirin 925 uses a Cortex-A15 1.8GHz and parallel with a Cortex-A7 1.3GHz.
Large Battery for big tasks
With big screen and eight-core processor, you may worry about the battery less than you think. The battery is in fact sufficient size with 4,100 mAh - no other phablet currently has such a strong and persistent motor. In test mode, the battery working almost two days by holding on average use. Huawei also promises more than 600 hours in standby.
Maximum download speed with LTE Advanced
For the maximum speed on the road, the Ascend Mate 7 brings support for fast LTE Category 6, ie LTE-Advanced. In the LTE network, the user can thus achieve download speeds of up to 300 Mbit/s with a corresponding tariff provided already in several cities. In addition to networking, DLNA and NFC, and Bluetooth 4.0 are present. WLAN is, however, not in the fastest ac version, which already is a bit surprising for a technology-High Flyer on the Mate. 7
As OS 4.4.2 is pre-installed at the current time Android KitKat. Huawei also puts his own user interface Emotion UI 3.0 in the smartphone. While these sorely missing in earlier versions of comfort, the latest software during handling can now nothing to be desired. The RAM is 2 gigabytes as average as the internal memory of only 16 GB. According to Huawei, only a maximum of 32 GB could be inserted to expand the storage.
Fingerprint Scanner, Speaker & Camera
Unlike Samsung, where you can sweep across the screen, the Ascend Mate 7 has a fingerprint scanner on the back, below the camera, which instantly releases the screen when touched. Not so well resolved is the sound, because the only speaker is located on the bottom rear. This is suboptimal, if we assume that many users look at a large Smartlet in landscape mode video and playing games. For Huawei does not compromise on the cameras, the rear with 13 megapixels and 5 MP front provide good results.
Availability & Price
The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is available in silver and black. Without a contract, it’s now at only 500.00USD now at www.4gltemall.com. Lower prices are to be expected in the further.
With the Ascend Mate 7, Huawei is a major success. If you want to a good smartphone with big screen size, Huawei Mate 7 is really budget comparing with Samsung Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6 Pus. Here, the Ascend Mate 7 comes not only Sino-cheap, but also makes in its aluminum dress also optically appealing.
Today, we present you one of the smallest mobile hotspots from Bouygues Telecom, the Huawei E5577s-321, we will say E5577 instead in the article below. The Huawei E5577 is a little smaller than its big brother the Huawei E5786 (4G+), a bit thicker than its little brother the Huawei E5372 (4G), the E5577 is distinguished by the gray color of its edge, but it looks very similar to the other huawei hotspots. The body is in black or white, made of plastic. The E5577 is very slim and it fits in your hand or your pocket. But it’s a pity that Huawei did not set a hole for a strap in the body.
But what can the Huawei E5577 do for users? It can be a good partner in below the situations:
- Work as theWiFi hotspot: take the air 3G/4G around you to turn on Wi-Fi, so you can connect up to 10 devices. This is the classic feature "hotspot", when you're in the middle of somewhere and under 3G/4G network coverage.
For the Wi-Fi you have the choice between 2.4GHz (classical, old, but a little crowded) or 5GHz (later, to book in for more powerful). You choose according to the devices you want to connect. The Wi-Fi in 5GHz, up to 300Mbit/s could be achieved if one parameter bandwidth in 2 channel (40MHz) instead of one (20MHz). At 2.4GHz, the Wi-Fi link is up to 150MBit/s. It's already good enough.
2) Work as a 4G USB modem: take these 3G/4G mobile network waves, and connect via a USB cable to a computer, then acting as a USB modem. In reality, it is a type of "Hilink" modem which does not require installation of drivers, and is managed through a web interface in a browser: the advantage is that the ignition the connection is very fast, takes seconds.
3) Work as the Wi-Fi repeater: Wi-Fi make the waves around you, open access point, and share them with up to 10 devices: the "repeater" function or "spreader" (called WiFi Extender). Useful to save its mobile data quota when in a "connected" environment. When Wi-Fi is not available, the E5577 (which is small but very clever) automatically switches to the mobile connection.
4) Work as the backup battery bank: with a small USB micro-B on both sides (not supplied with the device) or the micro-B USB/USB 2.0 supplied to your smartphone or tablet, you can recharge your valuable equipment to communicate. The "battery" function does not prevent normal operation of the hotspot.
Huawei E5577 Features
First surprise unpacking: Huawei E5577 battery is huge and removable, almost twice as thick as that of the E5372! The listed capacity is 3000mAH, against 1.780mAH for the E5372, and is likely to last, according to the mobile network used, 400 or 600 hours standby and up to 12 hours of continuous use. This is a Lithium-ion polymer. In practice, 12 hours are for use 4G (with one machine connected).
Second pleasant surprise: unlike the interface in the E5372, Huawei E5577 offers that of a connection interface with a login/password. We can change the password at the earliest to avoid problems.
Third pleasant surprise: the connection statistics and appliance consumption are there! A special section of the interface allows you to monitor what's going on, connected, and for how long. If you are not happy to see such a machine, you can block it by its MAC address. It is also cool to set its "data plan" for the monthly statistics. That's useful, and it was sorely lacking on the E5372!
And fourth major positive surprise: the E5577 seems to better capture the mobile network than its predecessor the Huawei E5372. E5577 is much more stable when it changes place. In all cases, the difference is very clear: the connection is stable, we can walk with little fear of losing the network.
In my test, I got 4G 3 bars, 50Mbps downlink (4G) indoor and 30Mbps upstream, almost as well as the E5786 4G+ in the same place. With an external antenna (MIMO 2x2), which plugs into two small TS-9 ports under a small hatch on the front edge, it will reach comfortable DL 70Mbps/UL 30Mbps. This is a feature common to all the Huawei hotspots models I tested.
- The function WPS(with PIN), which allows to connect to the hotspot without entering the security key is present.
- The micro SD card is classically now available on connected devices that can download or upload files on the storage card (the SD card is not supplied). We can watch a movie stored on the hotspot from their smartphone, or listen to music. The data exchanged over the LAN obviously not count against the quota of "mobile data", as they are traded in Wi-Fi.
- The link to the customer "My Account" on the home page of the hotspot, works!
- The E5577 is not simlock. That's fine, we can compare the performance of mobile networks.
- The battery indicator: 4 bars, so 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, and the empty indicator that flashes when it recharge, rather than a specific percentage, I mean. It always shocks me to go from 25% to 0% without going through the box 15%, which is the moment you should recharge the battery.
- The inability to change the login name "administrator" and it will remain "admin".
- The selection of network parameters (2G, 3G, LTE) and Network Mode (Auto/Manual), less intuitive and less accurate than previous models which can only shoot 4G (LTE), you can not choose 2G or 3G.
- The E5577 hotspot IP is 192.168.1.1: The E5372 and E5786 were 192.168.8.1, fortunately, you can easily change this address.
- The PIN entry screen, which always encourages box "Remember PIN" ... thus disabling the PIN code request in the next ignition or next connecting a guest.We would like a safer screen.
In summary, the Huawei E5577 is a more complete version of the E5372: it has the same features - and even more, its interface is more complete, the data connection is more efficient and Wi-Fi connection faster. With a large battery capacity, it goes for a long session of work or leisure. With slim pocket size, Huawei E5577 is a good mobile router.