A new router successor to Huawei MiFi E5786 Hotspot has appeared on the market in early summer last summer, it is the Huawei E5787, also named Huawei E5787 Mobile WiFi Touch.
The Huawei E5787 Mobile WiFi Touch is a 4G+ category 6 router, allowing a download speed of 300 Mbps and a download speed of 50 Mbps. Always broadcasting WiFi 802.11ac, it broadcasts on the 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz frequencies. It is of course backwards compatible with 2G and 3G and supports 802.11 b/g/n in addition to ac.
There are 2 main novelties for this E5787 compared to its predecessor Huawei E5786.
- A large 2.4-inch screen is now in front, but most importantly, it is tactile and gives access to operating and configuration menus. This functionality gives it the nickname of WiFi touch. The screen of Huawei E5786 can only show the connection status and data consumption, if users want to operate the setting for WIFI and password, they have to log in the web page to setup.
- Unlike the E5786, the battery of Huawei E5787 is removable. This 3000mAh battery gives 12 hours of autonomy to this router. The battery of E5786 can’t be removed.
For the rest of the characteristics, we can find more features as below:
1. Capacity of 10 simultaneous Wifi users.
2. Possibility to connect a PC via the micro-USB port.
3. The two TS-9 connectors for an external antenna.
4. With nano HPM Cortex A9 processor, it supported 4G bands are:
* LTE FDD: 1/3/5/7/8/20 (800/850/900/1800/2100/2600MHz) Note: It still lacks the 700 MHz (B28).
* LTE TDD: 38/40/41 (2300/2500/2600MHz)
5. Dimensions of 109 x 58 x 7.5mm, therefore significantly thinner than its predecessor E5786. And the weight of 155g, it’s easy to take away when on the go. 6. One micro SD card slot, connected users could share files in the SD card plugged in.
We can find the metallic border that surrounds the case, which is the high-end smartphone way. Moreover, the Huawei E5787 router is available in different colors, such as Black, White, and Silver. You will have to wait a little to acquire it, because it is available only in rare countries, but no worries, you can get unlocked Huawei E5787 from www.4gltemall.com. You don’t need worry about the compatibility because it supports many LTE 4G bands. We will take the test for Huawei Mobile WiFi Touch E5787 in near future.
Released in at the beginning of 2016, Huawei B5328 LTE Router is only distributed to few telecom operators who wish to offer it to their customers with a 4G offer till now. As we know, it’s now available only for the network provider Mobilis in Algeria, and other carriers such as China Mobile, Vodafone are trying to test their network with the new 4 X 4 Mimo technology.
The particularity of this B5328 LTE router is that it is one of the few devices to offer a LTE-A 4X4 MIMO technology. Based on the GCT’s GDM7243Q, the only LTE-A chip commercially available that offers 4x4 MIMO capability, enables Huawei B5328 LTE CPE with higher data rates and throughput while using limited bandwidth (“double speed” with the same limited bandwidth), which is a scarce commodity for network operators.
* Supports FDD-TDD LTE Cat5/6/7
* Cat5 LTE with 4x4 DL MIMO: 300Mbps DL, 75Mbps UL
* Cat6 LTE with 4x2 carrier aggregation: 300Mbps DL, 50Mbps UL
* Cat7 LTE with 4x4 MIMO or carrier aggregation with 300Mbps DL,100Mbps UL
* Supports 4x4 DL-MIMO (4 layers) and 2X2 UL-MIMO (2 layers)
* 3GPP Release 10/11-compliant
* Supports eMBMS, OTDOA, TM8/9/10
* Single RF solution for FDD and TDD LTE
* Inter/Intra carrier aggregation (class C : 20+20MHz) for DL and UL
* Enhanced iCIC inter-cell interference cancellation
* Dual processor architecture: ARM Cortex-A7 with 832MHz clock frequency. Application CPU + Modem CPU (LTE)
* On-Chip VoLTE (HD-Voice)
* SoftAP for external WiFi client
GCT GDM7243Q Semiconductor GCT GDM7243Q chipset is often used on 2X2 MIMO for telecom, which has few advantages, but its availability makes it possible to use 4X4 MIMO in near future.
In this version Huawei B5328-155, it has a single Gigabit Ethernet port and the WiFi band is only on 2.4 GHz, which seems not enough for a high-end router, and the 4 x 4 mimo technology is only highlights. After the Algerian Internet users who have the possibility to use this B5328 router via the operator MOBILIS, Vodafone also carries out tests in 4X4 MIMO on its 4G network. And it seems that the operators in German, Switzerland and Austria are in discussions with Huawei.
Here now, the latest 4G LTE Router is Huawei E5186, which is LTE Category 6(Rel 12). After Huawei presents the B5328 LTE CPE, we would expect more similar 4G LTE Routers available in near future. Of course, the routers would do their best performance after the network carriers upgraded their networks.
Sierra Wireless offers an embedded 4G connectivity module in M.2 size. The model number is Airprime EM7455. For the market OEM, the new AirPrime module is based on the LTE modem Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ X7 with Qualcomm latest Technologies.
This EM7455 card supports LTE-A Category 6 connectivity, which could achieve download speed to 300 Mbit/s and up to 50 Mbit/s for upload. The frequencies covered by this module cover the LTE bands B1-B5, B7, B12, B13, B20, B25, B26, B29, B30, B41. On these LTE frequency bands, the Sierra EM7455 could almost all the network providers over the world, which means the Airprime EM7455 could be used globally.
What’s more, the EM7455 module supports 3G frequencies are B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8. The supports bands cover all the UMTS network providers. So the EM7355 could also work well when LTE network is not available.
There is a predecessor model "AirPrime EM7305"for LTE Category 4 exploiting the 4G LTE bands B1, B3, B7, B8, B20 and support peak download speed to 150mbps and upload speed to 50mbps, which is only half of the speeds from Sierra EM7455.
The drivers of Sierra EM7455 are available for Windows® 7, 8.1 and 10, Android, and Linux, allowing for extensive operation. With dimensions of 42 x 30 x 2.3 mm, this Sierra AirPrime EM7455 module can be placed in many objects, no doubt that we will find it soon in our daily life, such as LENOVO laptops.
Sierra Wireless also provides other products, such as a series of mini cards to the PCI Express standard with a USB 2.0 interface. If you would like to see more Sierra Wireless products, welcome to check here: http://www.4gltemall.com/4g-brand/sierra-wireless.html